Live performances with fire are mesmerizing and other-worldly to witness. To maintain this experience for our clients, fire safety is paramount. Learn more about how we conduct fire performances below.
Safety Protocol for booking a Fire Performance:
1. Size of the venue; Venue must have the ability to create an appropriate perimeter for attendees, the performers, as well as space our fueling station/equipment. If an inside venue performance is desired, the venue must be inspected and approved for space, proper ventilation, and other preparations prior to the event.
2. A well-constructed and safe fire performance area must be present with an open, and flat terrain for our performers if outside. Must be able to provide up to 1-2 hours of load in time prior to the event, where applicable, to prepare our stage/perimeter, fueling and safety station.
3. Fire Safeties. It is the duty of our trained safeties to observe our performers, the attendees, and the environment for any abrupt distractions, as well as prevent unsafe conditions with trained protocol in case of an accident. All safeties will be provided by Corners of Creation only. Safeties possess ABC fire extinguishers, duvetyne fire safety blankets, as well as our other safety equipment that is imperative during fire performances.
4. Performer’s Liability Insurance. All independently contracted performers of Corners of Creation carry Specialty performer’s liability insurance policies. This information will be provided prior to the event for your records.
5. Permits. In Ohio particularly, fire performances require a permit either by a State Fire Marshal, and/or a Licensed Flame Effects Exhibitor. The venue must also be contacted for written approval. Each state’s process varies. This is discussed upon booking.
DO NOT use any information listed on this page to attempt anything with fire. Fire is inherently dangerous, and the performances that we provide come with years of training, specialty insurance, permitting, and a safety certification.
Thank you for adhering to safety.